Terms and conditions
A. FOR THE USE OF CAR PARKING FACILITIES AT THE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS.
1. THE COMPANY Users are advised that this car park is private property in the ownership of HERMES AIRPORTS LIMITED (referred to hereafter as the “Company"). It is available for use by the public who act in accordance with the Company's terms and conditions set out below. The Company has the right to exclude vehicle users from using the car park and shall exercise such exclusion rights in relation to persons who are causing any damage to property or breach of the peace or unruly behavior or misbehaving in any way and additionally in relation to persons who have no cause to be present on the car parking premises. The Company offers no warranty or indemnity as to the protection or safety of vehicles left in the car parking premises or any goods left within the vehicles and owners of vehicles are reminded that their own policies of insurance must be utilized in order to make any claim if such loss or damage occurs while the vehicle is parked in the car parking area. Accordingly: (a) the Company its servants and agents accepts no liability in respect of any loss, destruction, damage or theft of or from the vehicle or the contents of the vehicle and (b) the Company its servants and agents accepts no liability in respect of the death of or personal injury sustained by users and others in the car park.
2. PARKING (a) Entry to and exit from the car parks should be obtained only through the designated entrances and exits and along designated routes. (b) Users should park vehicles only within designated parking spaces, within authorized areas and so as not to cause obstruction. (c) Users must occupy only one parking space. The vehicles should be parked with the markings of one parking space. In the event that a user’s vehicle occupies two parking spaces then the user shall pay twice the amount of the parking ticket. (d)Parking spaces reserved for people with disabilities or reduced mobility (“PRM Parking Space”) should be used only by such people who are properly licensed by the competent authority and display or mount to the windshield and / or other conspicuous place of the parked vehicle the appropriate permit or Badge.
3. COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE Should your vehicle suffer damage or destruction whilst in the car park, or should you lose the vehicle or any of your possessions from the vehicle whilst it is in the car park, you are requested: (a) Immediately to inform a member of the Company’s staff of the occurrence. (b) In cases of theft, immediately to inform the Police, (c) To notify your insurers promptly.
4. SECURING YOUR VEHICLE Please ensure that before you leave your car in the car park: (a) Your vehicle is securely locked, (b) All the windows of your vehicle are securely closed, (c) If your vehicle is fitted with a security alarm or similar device that it is engaged. The Company does not guarantee security of the car park area or the vehicles parked in it.
5. POSSESSIONS (a) Wherever possible please take your possessions with you when you leave your vehicle. (b) If you have to leave possessions in your vehicle please do not leave them on the seats where they are visible, instead place them in the boot which should then be locked. (c) Users are reminded that their motor insurance policies may not cover personal possessions in the vehicle.
6. COURTESY TO OTHER USERS Should you or another User damage another user's vehicle you are requested to report the matter immediately to a member of the Company’s staff together with the registration numbers of both vehicles.
7. SAFETY IN THE CAR PARK (a) The user shall drive carefully and slowly in the car park and obey the directional and other signs. (b) Car parks can be dangerous. After you have parked your vehicle please proceed to the nearest signposted exit. Do not delay your exit from the car park and please keep a watchful eye on your children who should not be permitted to play in the car park and should at all times be accompanied by an adult.
8. TICKETS (a) The ticket issued is available only for the vehicle in respect of which it is issued. A ticket, does not entitle the user, unless otherwise specified, to any particular space in the car park or to priority over other users. The user of the parking area is prohibited to transfer and / or to sell the issued ticket to another user and / or other third person. (b) The Company reserves the right to refuse to release any vehicle, except on production of the parking ticket, until it has made reasonable enquiries. Failure to produce your ticket shall therefore delay your departure (c) Users who cannot produce their parking ticket on departure shall be charged a “Lost Ticket Fee” at the maximum daily rate for each day parked at the airport with minimum charge of €50.00- (Fifty euro). A valid driver’s license shall be required for processing purposes. (d) Tailgating in order to avoid paying the required fee is strictly prohibited. No person driving a vehicle shall tag along with another person’s vehicle who is a holder of a valid ticket to gain entry or depart from the Company’s car parks. A person who is driving a vehicle and tags along with another person’s vehicle, who is a holder of a valid ticket, to gain entry or depart from the Company’s car parks shall be subject to the Lost Ticket Fee. (e) In case of failure of the machine issuing the parking tickets the user should inform, immediately after parking the vehicle, the relevant department of the Company to take a ticket and/or certification of entry and to avoid the 'Lost Ticket Fee' on his/her departure from the parking area. (f) Overstay. Any vehicle which is parked in the Company’s car park area for a period longer than six months shall be deemed as an abandoned vehicle and it shall be treated according to Article 11. Any user who wants to park for longer than six months must notify the Company of his/her intentions, sign the relevant form and pay in advance the parking fees.
9. MOVING / RELOCATION. (a) The Company reserves the right to move vehicles which are placed within the car park, by driving or otherwise, to such extent as is reasonably necessary to avoid obstruction or for the more efficient arrangement of its parking facilities at the car park (b) The Company additionally reserves the right, where the car park has to be closed either permanently or temporarily in whole or in part or has to be evacuated in cases of emergency or for maintenance and / or other works to be undertaken, to remove any vehicle at any time to any other reasonably convenient car park within the control of the Company or otherwise as may be expedient (c) To the extent that it may be necessary to do so in the exercise of the rights conferred upon the Company under this condition, the Company, its servants or agents shall have the right to drive or otherwise take the vehicle on the public highway. (d) Any vehicle parked in a position which, in the opinion of the Company (its servants and agents) is inconsiderate to the Airport or to other car park users, may immediately, and notwithstanding the display or otherwise of a valid parking ticket or permit, be towed away and/or wheel clamped, for which a Vehicle Release Fee of €85.00 (Eighty Five euro) shall be charged. Inconsiderate parking shall include, but shall not be limited to the following:- i) Parking in a space specifically designated by the Company for another user or for the employees of the Company, when you are not an employee or for companies which rent vehicles and/or customer of rental companies or authorized to maintain specific parking spaces. ii) Parking a vehicle in a PRM Parking Space when the user is not entitled to use such a space. Users who wish to use the PRM Parking Space must have on their vehicles the official and valid parking permit which is issued by the relevant Governmental Authorities. iii) Parking a vehicle outside marked parking spaces or otherwise causing an obstruction. iv) Parking a vehicle contrary to any road markings such as double yellow lines or other areas which are restricted for parking. v) Parking a vehicle when such facilities have already been denied or withdrawn from the user.
10. TOWING AND WHEEL CLAMPING RIGHTS (a) The Company shall obtain the services of a licensed Towing company. The Company reserves the right to instruct the Towing company to tow and/or wheel clamp any vehicles which are inconsiderately parked as per Article 9 (d) and/or parked in non-designated areas including areas which impede on the access and exit from the car parking areas and/or any other area within the premises of the Airport. The Company and the Towing company, their servants and agents accepts no liability in respect of any loss, destruction, damage caused by the towing and/or wheel clamping of any vehicle or theft of or from any vehicle or the contents of the vehicle, (b) If a breach or infringement of any of these terms and conditions is committed by the user of the car parks then the Company, or its servants or agents may at any time in their absolute discretion immobilize any vehicle by means of a clamp fitted to a wheel of the vehicle. The clamp shall be removed from the wheel of the vehicle upon payment of the Vehicle Release Fee as determined from time to time by the company. (c) The Company shall charge a Vehicle Release Fee of €85.00.- (Eighty Five euro) in occurrence with Article 9 (d) and/or Article 10 (a) and (b) payable to the Company.
11. LIENS AND DISPOSAL OF ABANDONED VEHICLES (a) Every vehicle in the car park is subject to a lien for all fees due or accruing and due from the user to the Company and the Company reserves the right to refuse to release any vehicle until those fees have been paid. (b) The company reserves the right to dispose of (in any way) any vehicle which it reasonably believes to have been abandoned. (d) The Company reserves the right to claim from the registered owner of the abandoned vehicle any due parking fees for the period the vehicle was abandoned and/or expenses incurred for the disposal of the said vehicle. (e) The Company shall not be liable towards the abandoned vehicle’s owner for the disposal of the vehicle.
12. TARIFF Parking fees are displayed on the Parking Fee Board at the car park or on our website. Parking fees and/or availability information is subject to change without notice.
13. ANPR SYSTEM The user of the car park acknowledges that the said parking area uses an Automatic number plate recognition system (“ANPR”) which can recognise the licence plate of the vehicle that enters/exits the parking area and by using the car park facilities the user consents to the collection and processing of any data (personal or/and other) that are required for the operation of the ANPR system. The data that are received for the operation of the system are automatically deleted 48 hours after the vehicle’s exit.
14. INDEMNITY The user of the car parks agrees to indemnify the company in respect of any claim by a third party arising out of the use of the car parks by the user his servants, agents or passengers or arising out of any act or omission whatsoever B. FOR THE USE OF LOUNGE FACILITIES The Lounge facility is a non-smoking lounge ,except on the outdoor terrace The Lounge will not be held responsible for lost or stolen property. For security reasons all luggage must never be unattended at all times. Whilst every effort will be made to assist lounge guests, the Lounge will not be responsible for informing flight information. Flight information screen is available in the lounge. Children are allowed access, an adult must accompany them at all times. Dress code - The Lounge has a smart/casual dress code in place. Behaviour - Lounge staff reserve the right to refuse admission to passengers with evident signs of alcoholic intoxication or/and inappropriate behaviour. C. BOOKING ON-LINE (a) Terms - All terms herein cover all reservations processed through the website of Hermes Airports Ltd (“Hermes”). (b) Acceptance – By making a reservation through our websiteyou accept all the terms of reservation. In the event that you will make reservation on behalf of other persons you as their representative accept on their behalf all the terms of reservation. (c) Merchant Billing Descriptor of Credit/Debit Card – Upon payment of the reservation amount the name of Hermes Airports Ltd will appear on your credit/debit card statement. (d) Electronic Receipts and Invoices (E-vouchers) – After the completion of your reservation an email confirmation will be sent to you immediately. We advise you to have this printed and be safe kept as reference for any future booking modification or amendment via the “manage my booking”. (e) Security of Transaction – The security of your transaction via our website is protected with a technology that encrypts the information from your browser to our secured servers and also blocks any third party in intercepting and reading data during the booking session. (f) Confirmed Booking - Υour reservation is processed and confirmed instantly upon completion of your reservation. When you see your confirmation page simultaneously an email containing the confirmation number and reservation details will be sent to you. (g) Amendment or Cancellation of your booking- You may amend or cancel your booking through “Manage my Booking”. In such a case your amendment or cancelation shall be confirmed through email. (h) Cancellations or Amendments to Bookings for Car Parking I. Your booking or part of it can be cancelled or amended via Hermes’ website, in the "Manage My Booking" section. In order to access the specific booking, the unique Booking Reference Number and email address used to make the booking are required. II. Extension of the booked parking period can only be made if parking spaces are available for the entire duration of the desired period of extension. The prices charged for the new booking will be based on spaces and products available at that point in time and may not include the same prices that were offered when the initial booking was made. In particular, a User seeking to extend his/her booking which was accepted at a particular price may not necessarily retain the original price due to different levels of occupancy. III. In the event that your booking is cancelled or amended, a formal notification of the cancellation or amendment will be sent to the email address that you provided during the booking procedure. IV. If you wish to cancel your booking then you will have to do it at least 3 days prior the commencement of your booking and in such a case we will refund the full amount of your reservation. Failure to cancel your booking 3 days prior the commencement of your booking then you will not receive any refund and you will not be entiled to any compensation whatsoever. (a) Accepted Cards for On-line payments – We accept the following cards for On-line payments: VISA, MASTERCARD, MAESTRO, AMEX. Important Note: To verify your identity in cancelling your booking, you will need the booking reference received through the email confirmation.
DISCLAIMER TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED AT LAW, THE COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED OTHER THAN THE TERMS THAT ARE EXPRESSED IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Hermes Airports Limited respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Hermes Airports Limited collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you sign up to newsletters, purchase a product or service or take part in a competition.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. If you believe we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us so we can promptly obtain parental consent or remove the information. It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy or processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.Controller
Hermes Airports Limited is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as "Company", "we", "us" or "our" in this privacy notice.
We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the DPO using the details set out below.Contact details Hermes Airports Limited, Head Office, POBox 43027, 6650 Larnaka International Airport, Larnaka, Cyprus Name of DPO: Mr Efstathios Efstathiou Email address:email@example.com
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Commissioner of Personal Data, the Cyprus supervisory authority for data protection issues. We would, however, appreciate the chance to address your concerns before you approach the Commissioner so please contact us in the first instance.Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes This version was last updated on 21 May 2018.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.Third-party links
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an inpidual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows: • Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender. • Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers. • Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details. • Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us. • Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website. • Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses. • Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services. • Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We may occasionally collect Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). In some instances, this may include information about criminal convictions and offences. If you fail to provide personal data Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with services). In this case, we may have to cancel a service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.How is your personal data collected?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances: • Where we need to perform the contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you. • Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. • Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. • Where we have your consent to do so. Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing communication at any time by contacting the DPO.Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate. Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact the DPO if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose / Activity||Type of Data||Lawful baisis for processing including
basis of legitimate interest
|To register you as a new customer||
|Performance of a contract with you|
(to recover debts due to us)
|To enable you to take part in a prize draw, competition
or complete a survey
|To administer and protect our business and
this website (including troubleshooting,
data analysis, testing, system maintenance,
support, reporting and hosting of data)
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||
|To use data analytics to improve our website, services, marketing, customer relationships
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our services and grow our business)|
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing). You will receive marketing communications from us if you have consented to it or if you have requested information from us or purchased services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing communication.Third-party marketing
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside the Company for marketing purposes.Opting out
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting the DPO. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a service purchase or other transactions.Cookies
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below: • Our third-party service providers: We partner with and are supported by service providers. Personal Information will be made available to these parties only when necessary to fulfil the services they provide to us, such as software, system, and platform support; direct marketing services; cloud hosting services; advertising; data analytics; and other fulfilment and delivery. Our third-party service providers are not permitted to share or use personal information we make available to them for any other purpose than to provide services to us. • Third parties for legal reasons: We will share personal information when we believe it is required, such as: (i) To comply with legal obligations and respond to requests from governmental authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence. (ii) To protect our rights, users, systems and services. (iii) In the event of an assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business or assets. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.International transfers
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area.Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.Data retention
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements and in any event for not more than six years. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely.Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data: Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us. Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Automated individual decision making (including profiling). You have the right not to be subject to a decision which is based solely on automated processing (including profiling) and which has legal consequences or similarly significantly affects you. Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact the DPO.No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.